Where should I place these fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nezzari

In Runtime
I have this case: http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/11-144-102-03.JPG

Right now I have one fan blowing air out the top, one blowing it out the back, the PSU one blowing it out the back, the 2nd one in the PSU isn't working (I think it turns on by itself when it's too hot)

I also have 2 fans in the front (right below the Temp monitor) that are blowing air out. Problem is, when I put my hand over it I can't feel any air coming out. Should I make those 2 fans point towards the inside of the case? Right now I'm using the standard AMD X2 heatsink and I'm having some temp problems

EDIT: http://show.imagehosting.us/show/840996/0/nouser_840/T0_-1_840996.JPG

yes....deffinatly make the ones in front blow the air in...the point of the fans is to get the air circulation going throughout the case...so with two blowing in and 2 or 3 blowing out...then the air is being pulled in the front, then pushed out the back...it's not good for all the fans to be either blowing in or blowing out...so just make the fans in front blow in the case and you should be set...also you'll notice a temperature drop in the case...hope this helped :D

Normally was I would like to do in produce some sort of Air Flow.
I am looking at that case. am going to assume that you have a fan on the side panel just above the CPU correct?

I would be having that blowing air in.

And the fan that is on top, blowing air out.

The Front Fans you should have blowing air in. The last thing you want to be doing is sitting at your PC and getting nothing but air blow in your face.

the 2nd one in the PSU isn't working (I think it turns on by itself when it's too hot)
Check with the computer store if that is the case. Last thing you want is your PSU over heating and causing an electricail fault.

i set my 120mm in the back as intake, i got one blowhole one sidepanel intake. and 2 in the front exahust, while i have 2 in the psu blowing air out. my airflow is so messed up but my idle temps are 25-27C and 40-42C on full load. this is with a thermaltake venus 12 on 2200rpm all the time.

Front=intake, back=exaust, sidepanel=intake, top of case=exaust. Anything else i cant think of use best jugement. Thats basicaly the defualt air setup.

P.P. Mguire said:
Front=intake, back=exaust, sidepanel=intake, top of case=exaust. Anything else i cant think of use best jugement. Thats basicaly the defualt air setup.

That's what everyone think's is the basic setup but you should alway's play around with differen't combo's,Depend's on the type of case and type of fan's used,On my case having the top fan venting out did'nt work so well so i turned it over and got 10*c cooler for everything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom