HP Won't Boot From CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrjohnson

Baseband Member
I have an HP Pavilion 310n that I am trying to fix. It got bombarded with spyware and started running really slow, so I decided it was time to reinstall the OS. Problem is, it will not boot from cd. I know it's not my disk I've used it at least 20 times before on other machines and it comes up with the "press any key to boot from cd." This machine won't. I already tried changing the boot order, and had cd rom at the top. I also tried installing it over the other OS, which it did fine but did not format the hard drive. All of the old junk and program files are still there. How do i get this machine to boot from cd? It is so annoying I'm almost ready to just throw it out the window.

I used to have that p.o.s. I had a problem reformatting & installing windows from the cds that HP sent me so I called them and had them send me a new set of cds.

Go into your bios and disable your hard drive and a drive every drive but the cd rom then it should work.Just remember after it gets installed and it starts to reboot catch it befor it restarts and reinable the hard drive and any other disabled drives.and then reboot.

sPlAtOiD said:
Go into your bios and disable your hard drive and a drive every drive but the cd rom then it should work.Just remember after it gets installed and it starts to reboot catch it befor it restarts and reinable the hard drive and any other disabled drives.and then reboot.

There ya go! If it still won't boot to the cd then that cd is heavily scratched or damaged in some way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom