New Build - Can't Load OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
orangeman1980 said:
Alright, I put the new hard drive in my old computer and installed, successfully, Windows. When I put the hard drive in my new case, it comes up with this error message:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDKS /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Technical Information: STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7C7A640, 0xC0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any one?

thats the same exact problem i have, and i can't get it fixed either, i tried 3 different IDE HDDS, check the BIOS over and over again, and other components, and im sure that the HDD jumper settings are correct, and i get the same error message each time it starts logging into windows

could it possibly be a faulty motherboard even though i didn't smoke anything? sry for the slight high jacking

and oh, the parts that i am using:

Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz
ASUS P5WD2 Motherboard
Corsair DDR2 SDRAM XMS6400 1GB
GeForce 6800GT
250 gig HDD

I'm wondering the same thing about the motherboard, although I really have no reason to suspect it. how could I be sure that the motherboard is working besides taking it out and putting it into another machine (it won't work on my older machine)

I've heard from a few different people at work and also the motherboard tech line, that this sounds like a ram problem. They said to try taking out one of the sticks of ram (if you have dual) and then the other stick by itself. Also, be sure that your motherboard is set up to receive the speed of the memory. If you have 400 speed, make sure your not set to 266 or 333. i'll let you know how I end up.

Is that install cd scratched? sounds like it not reading properly. Although your friend loaded all your data previously, it is highly unlikely that windows will load given the system hardware differences. You will need to do a fresh install anyway. Make sure all the compontents are properly seated, the CPU and case fans are functioning and you hard drive is properly jumpered.

orangeman1980 said:
Alright, I put the new hard drive in my old computer and installed, successfully, Windows. When I put the hard drive in my new case, it comes up with this error message:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDKS /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Technical Information: STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7C7A640, 0xC0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any one?

You can't install Windows on a hard drive connected to one computer and move it to another computer and excpect it to work. If the motherboards are different you will get that error.

A repair install would fix that, but then you'd be back to square one, not getting it to boot off the CD in the first place.

cedjunior said:
You can't install Windows on a hard drive connected to one computer and move it to another computer and excpect it to work. If the motherboards are different you will get that error.

A repair install would fix that, but then you'd be back to square one, not getting it to boot off the CD in the first place.

Redundancy notwithstanding. Apparently you didn't read the post right above you!:confused:

RicoDirenzo said:
Redundancy notwithstanding. Apparently you didn't read the post right above you!:confused:

Actually I did. The issue was no longer about how he could not get windows to load on a hard drive that his friend already transfered all his programs and personal files to, but about why he was getting that error after he put the hard drive in another computer and did a fresh install of windows and it didn't work when he put the hard drive in his new computer.

Also, I thought
Originally posted by RicoDirenzo
it is highly unlikely that windows will load given the system hardware differences
was a little vague, we don't need people thinking that they will have to reformat every time they put in a new piece of hardware such as an optical drive or a video card.

could it be possible that there is some hardware imcompatibility? for example the CDROM drive or graphics card? cause i know that my processor, RAM, and mobo are all compatible cause i went to the offical sites and they told me that there were, i am clueless on this now, tried everything damned thing i could think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom