Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong here. For what I know, it doesn't "help" cooling. I mean, yes but no. All it does, it allows you to manually control fan(s) speed.

It may be a good idea if you have many (loud) fans, and need improved cooling/air circulation under heavy gaming/processes. You just crank the fans up at full level, thus, improving cooling.

But when your computer is just idling or doing basically basic tasks (web surfing, text processing, file sharing, etc) and don't want loud fan noise, you just turn them down a little, or even shut some off, for softer sound level.

None of the above.

The fans wires are connected to the back of the controller on the front of your case, which distribute an X amount of power to the fans depending on how much the knobs are turned.

The fan speed is controlled by the knobs on the controller. So as long as your computer is turned on, you can be in DOS, Linux, Windows, anything, the fans are fully configurable in real time, directly from your fingers.

Think of it as a kinda car fan system or A/C.

Fan controllers are great for a system with lot's of fans. If you only have a couple of fans, then it's not really that big of a deal...except that some fan controllers actually look really cool on the front of a case.

yea i got one for my case where i have 4 case fans. (havent built yet) also what would be a desirable case temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom