Computer shuts down when I play games

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_2005

Beta member
I have a packard bell laptop, easy note m5258, bought it around 1 and a half years ago. It was working pretty much ok until around 3 weeks ago, when it started shutting down by itself when playing games.
I must say that it also has a kind of a problem with the screen, because it flickers sometimes, and even changes the brightness by itself.

I have an (integrated, i think) Intel extreme graphics 64 mb card, 2.8 P4 processor, 512 ram.

Could someone pls help me to find out what the problem is?
I heard that it could be the cooler on the graphics card, which would mean that i would've have to replace the entire motherboard, with the card being integrated.

Any help is MOST welcome

open the side and make sure it's clean, if it's caked with dust then it's probably overheating, a leaf blower works really well for dust removal...(make sure to take it out side)

EDIT: oh sorry, its a laptop hu... hmmm... you could still open it somehow...

also, try updateing the video card drivers

Hmm, I'll try and see if it is possible to open it, btw I used Everest to try and see the temperature, but the only temp I can see is the hard disk , which is right now around 49 degrees Celsius.

What should I use to clean it ?

well, in my mid-tower case a leaf blower works great (seriously) but I don't think that would work on a laptop

Juice Daddy said:
well, in my mid-tower case a leaf blower works great (seriously) but I don't think that would work on a laptop
That's a terrible way to clean a PC. Sure you're pushing a lot of air through, but those are sensitive components, not to mentil what the effects would be if dirt got in the leaf blower (or moisture).

I think I'm going to wait until I take it to a repair shop, to first let them find out what is wrong with it, because I'd rather not be able to play a few games, than have it not work at all.

ShoobieRat said:
That's a terrible way to clean a PC. Sure you're pushing a lot of air through, but those are sensitive components, not to mentil what the effects would be if dirt got in the leaf blower (or moisture).

no... it's a new leaf blower, and i wouldn't use it if it had moisture or dirt in it, also, I hold the fans so the barring aren't ruined, I built the thing, I know its limits...;)

thanx for your concern though...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom