GPU cooling help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowpunk

In Runtime
I've been reading tons of reviews of the cooling performance between many different types of GPU coolers. The only problem is they are all done on different video cards and all at different clock speeds.

The way I see it there are three types of GPU coolers...
-Fan, heatsync, with rear exhaust
-basic fan with heatsync open in case
-full size fanless vga coolers

Which of the 3 different types cool the best or are they all pretty much the same?? I'm trying to cool a BFG 7800 GTX. I'm down to the three pictured below. Please help!!

Attachments

• gpucooling.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 39
matt2m said:
well would not go with the big blue on it is ment for silent use not performance and good temps.

You can add an optional fan onto it that dramatically drops the temps, putting in the running with the other ones.

matt2m said:
well would not go with the big blue on it is ment for silent use not performance and good temps.
DITTO. I know some one that got one of those fanless GPU coolers and found himself burning out his GPU instead.

Fan Noise is better than Risking your GPU.

yea i got the blue one on my x800. With no fan the temps get up to around 70*c. throw a 120 on it runnin on low speed, it idles around 40*c

jseber1982 said:
yea i got the blue one on my x800. With no fan the temps get up to around 70*c. throw a 120 on it runnin on low speed, it idles around 40*c

You fit a120 on it? That's good to know, I thought I had to just use the ugly black Zalman fan that is recommended for it. So do you think that one with the fan is better than the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom