AMD overclock question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthIowa

Solid State Member
Ok, I built a computer recently and plan to overclock. I've read many guides but not many seem to relate to my situation. My BIOS has an option of overclock CPU and I just put in the number. There arnt any other compicated options. I want to run my 3200+ Venice at 2.4 at least, what should I do exactly??
Help me out please.

Ummm... care to post what mobo you're running?

You may want to post what RAM and PSU wattage while you're at it, as that will be asked for as well.

Lower LDT ratio to 3x...set memory divider to 166...increase FSB speed to 210 from 200 in BIOS and boot Windows, run prime95 for a few minutes, if it passes, then raise to 220

Continue until prime95 fails and then raise vcore

The AMD64 overclocking guide goes into great detail about this stuff as well as memory overclocking which is ideal...you also may get into specifics like chipset or HTT voltage increases

SouthIowa said:
Ok, I built a computer recently and plan to overclock. I've read many guides but not many seem to relate to my situation. My BIOS has an option of overclock CPU and I just put in the number. There arnt any other compicated options. I want to run my 3200+ Venice at 2.4 at least, what should I do exactly??
Help me out please.

I got you bro. I have a 3200+ Venice also and have it OC'd to 2.4Ghz. Hit me up on AIM (snowpunk857) and I'll helo you out. I would type it in here but that would take too long. I'd also have to use a bunch of technical jargon that you wouldn't understand just so that I look cool. IM me and I'll tell you a couple easy things to do.

gaara said:
Lower LDT ratio to 3x...set memory divider to 166...increase FSB speed to 210 from 200 in BIOS and boot Windows, run prime95 for a few minutes, if it passes, then raise to 220

Why lower it to 3x? If he's not going over 250 why can't he leave it at 4x?

Flanker said:
No f*cking way Gaara is 15! Are you serious?!

Yes.... some of your kids really scares the crap out of an old fart like myself (28 yo) some times.

see, so that whole 'nubius just hates anyone under 20' doesn't fly, because I get along with gaara just fine...and no it's not cause he's a mod because I talked with him back when I was still a mod.

He's just not an idiot who tries to act like he understands he doesn't....if all the other 15 year olds here did that kind of stuff I wouldn't have a problem with them either :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom