RivaTuner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Alright so I downloaded RivaTuner to beef up my old 32 MB Riva TNT2 graphics card. I did both "low-level hardware overclocking" and "driver level hardware overclocking". For each one, in "core clock" and "memory clock" I set both of them to the max of the blue highlighted part without going to the point where I get the warning symbol. This didn't do anything, I still got the same lousy score of 1100 in 3DMark 2001. Can anybody tell me how I can use RivaTuner to its full potential on my specific graphics card?

edit: I un-did all the overclocking cos I noticed that my screen was twitching a lot sometimes. The performace actually really got bad after the overclocking.

That card is very old, you could jack that thing all the way up and still not see much of an increase, and 01 is really dependant on your whole system, not just the card. Try somehting like 03.

3dmark01 measures more of your system not the graphics card itself

3dmark03 would probably have a hell of a time running on that machine if you're getting 1k in 3dmark01

did you use the settings in 2D or 3D mode?

and what cooling have you got on yours?
I put some copper RAMsinks on mine, plus a Thermaltake Extreme Spirit with a 120mm fan over it (instead of the 40mm "jet" fan it came with) and got it to 190MHZ core and 200MHZ mem, with occasional artifacts in cs (purple blob appears and disappears randomly) but I got my score over 1500 with my Pentium 3 at 1050MHZ (from 933) when its original score was around 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom