List of recent discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Hey fellas. Is there a section where we can "view" a list of OUR most recent discussions? You click on it, and it tells u lets say 50 of the discussions you've participated in, sorted by the "last posted timestamp".. Not necessarily by you. Easier to get at the messages you've participated in.

If not, that's something we should have :)..

Bookmark your own profile (as viewed by others). You can search for your posts from there, and they are displayed from the most recent.

Is that sorta what you're looking for?

Hey Trotter. Not quite.

I want it ordered by the "last post of the thread" (not necessarily by me). But I only want threads displayed where I have at least one post in it...

I think the link you posted orders it by "my" posting time. But, if a thread I started a while ago for example, got a new reply, I want it to move to the top of the list..

Chankama, the link the do that should be this in which you add starteronly=1 to the url, but due this being an older version of vB it doesn't work

So consider me stumped

If you subscribe to the threads that you're interested in, or sub to them all that you participate in, then you'll have the list that you want whenever you go to your User CP.

Dave :D

hmm.. any way of auto-subscribing to the threads that you participate in? Instead of having to manually do it to every thread.....

I am assuming the subscribed thread summary sorts them by the last post date of the thread. Haven't used it yet, but will give it a shot and see.

Hmm... to see the last post of a thread, you click this thing-
lastpost7kd.gif

Any thread you have posted in with have this in front of it-
dotnewfolder4vp.gif

Yeah. But the thing is you have to go the subforum to find the posts. I wanted something along the lines of what DMo mentioned, but that subscribes you automatically instead of u having to subscribe urself. Another forum I visit, www.bbc.com/tms has that system, and it's useful.

hmm.. I just checked my inbox which I use as my email on TF. I have a "notification" for Trotter's reply in my inbox - which I do not want as this would become quite unmanagable after subscribing to many threads.

And yeah. I have specified the system to NOT send me emails for the threads that I have "participated in". It seems that subscribed threads don't follow under that category. I guess I could block TF from my email box. But, this should be a server side fix..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom