Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows Legacy / Windows Classic
Areo (without transparency if your vid card is less than 64 megs)
Areo
Areo Glass
Areo Diamond

That is what we know from the beta releases but we might see Xps theme but thats just a guess and cannot be confirmed.

Here you can see the Areo Style but it doesn't include the transparencies because my video card cannot support it.
Image exands the forums screen

Tyler1989 said:
Eric you can calm down anytime time now. I made that thread so yes I did read it. Too bad for you I already showed in a photo that you cannot install it through windows components. The software is not completed and cannot be installed. Now when you say it can you should back that up.

What don't you understand it is in Vista but does not work and cannot be installed. I've asked you to tell me how youinstalled it several times but you failed to answer because it is not possible.

Take a look you shown this image yourself. It is in Vista.

What you did not show is how you claimed you installed it. Windows Components has no option to install P2P. Before you jump to conclusions based on a picture you found follow through and make sure it actually works.

Instead on keep making your senseless claims tyler, reread the last topic in its entirety.

If you have bothered to read it, you will see that Makaveli213 told you that peer to peer is built in to vista, But that it isn't working right now . You then called him a liar. I then post a picture of the peer to peer icon that vista contains in control panel. Killian45 then make a comment about longhorn (Longhorn tyler, Not Vista) having P2P in the add/remove windows components and that you need to enable it.

Now somehow in all of this mess you have twisted everybody words around to your liking and that is how this mess has got created. then you have the nerve to argue about it and tell somebody to fix their grammar, instead rereading the topic, so you can clarify the issue.

I understand everything. you are the one that don't. I never said those things that you keep saying that I said.

I never install the P2P icon on vista, tyler. it was already there

Please reread the topic so you can stop contradicting yourself. You keep making a fool of yourself by posting back smart-alec remarks to me without checking the statements that we actually made.

I wasn't able to test the CPT September build (5112) version of Vista. I know that the October build no longer is requiring or stating that digitally signed drivers will be required in the future. But is this new to the October build only or was this in the September build.

Also do you think this could change. I think it could but then I also think that Microsoft has to have some brains. They would not want people rioting in the streets when they learned their new $800 computer cannot display properly and they cannot listen to music.

Tyler1989 said:
I wasn't able to test the CPT September build (5112) version of Vista. I know that the October build no longer is requiring or stating that digitally signed drivers will be required in the future. But is this new to the October build only or was this in the September build.

Also do you think this could change. I think it could but then I also think that Microsoft has to have some brains. They would not want people rioting in the streets when they learned their new $800 computer cannot display properly and they cannot listen to music.
Okay obviously you know nothing about Vista. The CTP build of Sept? There was no such thing. CTP Build just came around this month (Oct). The Sept build you are refering to (5112) is BETA 1 that was released back on JULY 27th. The Sept build you are trying to talk about is build 5219 which is the PDC build.
Since this topic about P2P was brought up before the Oct build (5231) was officially released by M$ it would have to have ben the Sept build (5219) that contained it. I am not positive if Beta 1 (5112) contained it or not.

No offense but since you do not test Vista why is this thread named after you? You do not test the current build nor have you tested Vista since it was released. You stated so youself "I wasn't able to test the CPT September build (5112) version of Vista." BTW that was Beta 1. Ijust dont understand how someone who doesnt have the most current build can TRY to talk aobut what M$ is doing with their software? Do you even have the Oct CTP that was released Mon 10/17/05? I do and i am running it now.

As for the drivers i said it once and i will state it again. They will not force companies to digitally sign their drivers. Some people (Myself included) will run Vista on Legacy machines. Not all the hardware will have drivers that are digitally signed. There is no way that M$ can force every manufactorer to DS ALL of their products to work with Vista. That is just way to much. Just look at how many Sound cards there are out there, between onboard, PCI, PCI Express. Not to mention Video Cards, Modems, TVR, NICs, and the rest. It wont happen. Not even M$ has that much clout to take on all of the computer industry. Of course i could be wrong on this. Lord knows i have been wrong my fair share of times. But i dont se this happening.

Mak that was one typing mistake, Pardon me from it. As for the signed drivers have you forgotten about the 3000, 4000. and early 5000 builds. They all said that you would need digitally signed drivers for the final product or it would not work at all. I did not test build 5219 (September CPT) which may have taken that warning out. Beta 1 (5112) did have that warning. I have tested build 5231 (October CPT) and the warning is removed.
build_5231_official.png

You don't see this happening and I don't either. But that is what the warning said and that is why I am asking. Now is the removal of the warning new to the October CPT or was it removed in the September CPT? Anyways after a bit of reading I've found they are still implementing the digitally signed driver requirments in a sense. They have scalled it back alot (what haven't they scalled back). Read up on it here. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/dqs.mspx but it would be good to know if it was September or October they changed this.

Tyler1989 said:
Mak that was one typing mistake, Pardon me from it. As for the signed drivers have you forgotten about the 3000, 4000. and early 5000 builds. They all said that you would need digitally signed drivers for the final product or it would not work at all. I did not test build 5219 (September CPT) which may have taken that warning out. Beta 1 (5112) did have that warning. I have tested build 5231 (October CPT) and the warning is removed.

You don't see this happening and I don't either. But that is what the warning said and that is why I am asking. Now is the removal of the warning new to the October CPT or was it removed in the September CPT? Anyways after a bit of reading I've found they are still implementing the digitally signed driver requirments in a sense. They have scalled it back alot (what haven't they scalled back). Read up on it here.

No Tyler i didnt forget about the 3000, 4000, 5000 builds. I was able to get drivers that were not digitally signed to install. Same goes with my Beta 1 (5112). My sound card (SB Audigy 2 ZS) is does not have drivers and i use the kX Project drivers which are not digitally signed and have used then since build 3683.

Also it is not the CPT it is the CTP, Consumer Techniligy Preview. They are starting that now with the monthly builds.(OCT) I have not had any problems with drivers on any of my hardware installed. As for your question about if it was changed in build 5219 or if it is this new build 5231, i didnt notice anything like that in build 5219.

Just one question. Do you still think P2P is going to die out now that M$ has it inplemented in Vista?

Well the Comsumer "Techniligy" Preview was the first to remove the warning. I know you used the early builds but yet you said "it allowed me to install unsigned drivers". Do you know that the warning actually said "unsigned drivers will be allowed in this build but will not work on the FINAL version of Vista"? They no longer have that warning because they have cut down that new feature. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/dqs.mspx it has become DRS.

Tyler i did not get that exact error. The error i always get is the same one i get in XP. "The drivers you are about to install are not digitally signed by Microsoft are you sure you want to continue?" That is the only error message i ever remember seeing when it comes to driver install.

Now I see how a we can hold very different views. I'm not sure why you didn't get this warning message but it is interesting. I'm not about to go back to previous builds but when I return to my XP SP2 backup I'll post pictures of the warning from my Virtual Machine. Sorry for the confusion I'll probably go back to XP in 2-3 weeks.

email I got from object desktop

## Desktop Gadgets: October ##

One up and coming form of software that Stardock is keeping an eye on are
called gadgets. Gadgets aren't programs in the conventional sense, they're
mini-programs. But they're also not widgets in that gadgets don't require
a separate program to enable them. They have all the advantages of widgets
(small in size, lower memory use, visually neat) but none of the negatives.

Last month, Microsoft announced their intention to support gadgets in
Windows Vista natively. Stardock has set up a site called
DesktopGadgets.com which is designed to be a hub for gadget development.
While Windows Vista isn't here yet, Stardock DesktopX Pro does allow the
creation of gadgets.

On DesktopGadgets.com developers can submit their gadgets to give away or
name their own price. This month, we look at a few highlights:

Our first gadget of note is called DeskNotes. It's much like having sticky
notes right on your desktop. The free version of it is as good as any
widget desktop sticky notes. But the premium version of it, which is only
a few bucks, can display weather, news, to-do lists, alarms, and more!

The second-gadget is strictly for fun but has become a mainstay at the
office - the Magi 8-Ball which now takes all difficult decisions out of
management's hands! It's a must-have for anyone who ever has to make any
important decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom