Hijackthis! 1.99
XoftSpy 4.15
Webroot

I have:-

Spyware Blaster
Adaware
Spysweeper
Microsoft Antispyware

Never have ANY problems whatsoever with spyware with these. Personally I think Spysweeper is the best of the bunch, before getting that I was getting some spyware(a small amount), afterwards I was getting almost none.

Warez Monster said:
AdAware SE Pro 1.6
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4
Microsoft AS Beta
CounterSpy
Hijackthis! 1.99
XoftSpy 4.15
Webroot

So, you're saying that I should have all those programs installed onto my computer?

I have:-

Spyware Blaster
Adaware
Spysweeper
Microsoft Antispyware

Never have ANY problems whatsoever with spyware with these. Personally I think Spysweeper is the best of the bunch, before getting that I was getting some spyware(a small amount), afterwards I was getting almost none.

I used Spysweeper a few months back and found it to be quite unstable and also a resource/memory hog.

Exactly. MAS is the best in my opnion. I got IST yesterday. Ran all the programs and none could remove it except MAS. Everything was updated. Most programs wanted to remove it from memory on the next boot. MAS took care of that during the scan.

Warez Monster said:
Exactly. MAS is the best in my opnion. I got IST yesterday. Ran all the programs and none could remove it except MAS. Everything was updated. Most programs wanted to remove it from memory on the next boot. MAS took care of that during the scan.

I read some reviews on download.com about Microsoft AntiSpyware and many people have said that it doesnt detect some big spyware, detects a lot of false positives, and doesn't prevent spyware from being installed. It only removes them.

You need to be the main preventor off spyware staying off your pc. If you leave the real time agents on, it will help you, I've never had a false detection on any of them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom