New computer Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What card would be good? keep in mind I never bought a game from my previous computer, so I would rarely play games on this one. Maybe Once in awhile.

well if you plan on never gaming then the 9200 is fine .If 1 day you decide that MOH or BattleField are very cool games and you didnt realize how fun your computer can be other than boring work/school stuff.Then go with the 9600 Pro or better :)

I would switch from Pro to Home on your OS and use the savings to upgrade the video card to the 9600 XT that you had listed before. Otherwise it looks great.

kaliko22 thats perfect. the 9200 is actually pretty decent, remember you can always replace the video card later on. this is the convenience of custom built.

no you wouldn't, try adding up all his parts. even if you bought this at newegg.com it would not be much less and certainly not 500 less.

looks like you really want alot of performance, I would say if you want a 64 bit processor, you don't have much options, and the 3000+ is the least expensive of these, it's what I would get aswell.
9600XT is very good, I reccomend this card, not too expensive like the 9800's.
yes I would say getting a 450W PS is a highly good idea.
also, with that many high performance parts, you will most likely need good cooling; prolly go with Thermaltake for this.
basically I don't know what is a good price in $US (I live in Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom