Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoAP

Solid State Member
I am having problems booting my computer, it was booting fine yesterday. I recently installed an Nvidia GeForce FX 5900SE. I dont know why this would be a problem.
My hardware is as follows:

Soyo SY-KT400 Dragon Ultra
PC2100 DDR 512MB
350W Power Supply
Seagate 60GB 7200RPM

There is sufficient air cooling

When booting, the MB beeps for about 2-3 seconds then powers off. I tried to change the video card to a Nvidia GeForce MX400 and it does the same thing. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks alot.

Pinto

Pinto,,so you had one video card, then chenged it ?
try clearing cmos,, then try again,,, if you have onboard video, make sure you go into bios, and change itto AGP, resetting bios might default to onboard video, let us know,,, if it beeped 3 times, I belive its video related.but you will get help here, just let us know where your at.

ByteDemon,
How do I clear the CMOS without having any video? It doesn't beep three times, it beeps consitently for 3 seconds or so.
Pinto

You do not, need video to clear cmos,, something got corrupted,, take cmos battery out for a few seconds or use reset jumper, then power back up and see if you have video, if not,on to the next step.let us know.

Aright, taking the battery out didnt do anything, still remains with the 3second beep and power down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom