operating system question about going back to prior operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lheggie

Baseband Member
This may should like a stupid question but I am not sure so I felt that i should seek assistance from on of the most reliable places I know of.

I have a system that I want to give away but i cant give it away with the current operating system as it is under educators license. Currently the system is running windows xp pro. It is possible to put my older operating system back on the machine. I have been told that I can't by several people but I figured if anyone would know the people in here would ..

I appreciate any and all help with this.

I reccomend installing 98 rather than ME
with an OS lower than XP you will need to reinstall the drivers, when installed, right click on My Computer, click on Properties, go to Hardware, then Device Manager. you will see a list of all the hardware currently on it, and you will need to download drivers, and one by one update the drivers. you might have to put them on disk and take them to the computer that needs the driver updates.
to update, in device manager, right click on whatever hardware you need to update, go to Update Driver, go through and say "no I will choose the driver to install" and then click on "have disk"
from there browse to the drivers, (usually A: is your floppy drive) open them and install.

Me too.... I stand for the Windows 98 don't even think of the Win ME man.... its the Biggest Nightmare one could ever have on the computer...
Well even if you think about installing the Windows ME.. just give the address of tech-forums to the person to whom you are giving the pc...LOL

"This may should like a stupid question but I am not sure so I felt that i should seek assistance from on of the most reliable places I know of. "

well first ek's way is the way too go, second NO Question is stupid,with out mistakes you won't make any progress,that is how we learn, by helping others.

Thanks everyone I will follow elks suggestions and give it a try. Its kind of a bummer that i have to take the xp pro off of the machine as it is a good operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom