4 AGP slots but 1 PCI slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to all those who stood up bravely for respect in the forums... i'm much obliged and, yeah, these things would be far more useful without a bunch of snobbish insults.

to all those who took shots... yeah, you caught me brain farting. coulda cleared carnegie friggin' hall with the stink. one too many late nights? was i lacking sleep? or was my bowl fresh outta uncharred crack rocks (as one clever, clever motorsccoter posted)? who cares!

for some (admittedly stupid) reason, I did not catch that there was a misprint... AGP 4x and AGP 8x were written as 4 x AGP and 8 x AGP. what threw me off was that these only had 1 PCI slot.

in my own defense, I did originally say...
[Maybe I'm not thinking of this straight but I see that as being problematic. ]

thanks to all y'all regardless of the hostility. i'll be using these forums more in the future...

as for the system... here's the specs:

Total Cost: $537 w/shipping for all parts

**MSI MBox w/300W PS, P4 LGA775 socket mobo w/533/800MHz FSB and 6ch sound & 64mb vid integrated
**P4 506 Prescott 533MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache EM64T chip
**pqi 256mb DDR400 sysmem
**40G MDT HD @ 7200rpm
**Sony 52x CDR/RW
**Logitech keyboard
**DCT Factory optical mouse
**2.0 DCT Factory speakers
**15" CMV LCD Monitor
**HP DeskJet 3930 (w/cable and blk ink cartridge just so it's complete)

i figure this should be simple yet effective... it's for an older, older lady with little to spend who's never even breathed on a keyboard and needs something for her kid just entering highschool.

now i humbly turn to you überexperts once more, can we do any better on the price?

yours truly,

ur n00b

just to let you know, the AGP slots are the dark brown and are usually a little bit closer to the expantion slots on the case. the PCI slots are small and white usually at the bottom of the motherboard. the PCI-E slots are long and thin, at the top. AGP4x/8x means the number of lanes on the slot. right now the fastest is PCI-E16x.

~Freak-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom