Help on building a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
not xp2500

hey, another thing to reduce costs instead of doing the XP2500 like someone mentioned for 85 i just bought an XP2400 for $67 from newegg i think and it's actually faster (in a sense that anyone buying off of ebay would see anyway) than the 2500. Other than that i'm with everyone else. People buying computers off of ebay probably won't know that much about them that they will know the difference in the xp2500 and the p4 2.5 ghz so why spend the extra money to make it real nice.

also remeber to check the mobo you select in order to get the drives ,cause if you chose one that supports the new sata hard drive it will give you better performance than one ide drive and the prices are almost the same

maybe you should have more than one type of computer to choose from; one low end (emails and stuff), one middle end (some gaming and emails) and one high performance gaming PC.
also you might want to add a little customisation, like giving them a choice between AMD or P4, Radeon or Geforce etc.
you can just create the lists for the customers, and you buy the parts and build it when they order it, so you don't have systems lying there unsold.

I agree with nvalhalla, and that you need to check some other places for prices. If you go to pricewatch.com, like nvalhalla suggested, and pricegrabber.com, you should get prices from a lot of different places. Pricegrabber also checks newegg, so you'll be able to see how newegg compares for total price (item + shipping).

Everybody has been giving you good advice, though, so listen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom