Decent motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I now have a Pentium 4 1.8GHz, I know the chip sucks but it can atleast get a couple of games under it's belt. I'm planning on overclocking the hell out of this system. I found this motherboard and it looks pretty good especially for the price. It's a ASUS P4S8X-MX. There are some overclocking options on it. Here's a good link to the specs of the board.

http://www.chumbo.com/info.aspx?id=294535

I'm paying $67.85 Canadian with taxes and eveything. Is it worth it?

I think I will. Right now I have a Trigem Imperial motherboard????? Real cheap and nasty, the intergraded sound doesn't work and even when you put a PCI sound card on it still no sound. Go figure. I just want to know a bit about the overclocking features on this board as well as the intergraded video. I'm planning on putting a 9600Pro on it but I don't have enough money right now so I'm gonna use the intergraded video for now. The on board video chipset is "SIS Graphics Real256E". I have no clue how good this is. Can anyone tell me?

I dont have any experience with onboard SIS graphics. I do, on the other hand have experience with this mobo.

It has onboard graphics which perform pretty good. It's good enough to run BF1942 and NFSU2 with good settings.

Just like other i865 chipset motherboards, it should be good for overclocking.

EDIT: I should also mention that it has an AGP slot for your future 9600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom