low profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
hi, i have a low profile case, and i wanted to play some games such as hl2, fear and doom3, my current motherboard has x8 agp, and i dont really know too much about computers. can anyone suggest a good, gaming low profile card? ive seen geforce 6600 and ati x700's low profile but theyre pci express, and i was wondering if my x8agp can handle it 100%?. btw, can i somehow upgrade a part of the motherboard, and just ...stick in a 16x pci slot? instead of replacing the whole mobo.

thanks a lot

For those games, nVidia: 6600 minimum, ATI: any X series card minimum.

If you say how much you are willing to spend, I could give you a more accurate answer.

If you want, you could upgrade the mobo to a PCI-E one so you will be able to upgrade in the future. Post you specs and we can help you. Without specs, we can't do much.

Most graphics cards come in a AGP or PCIe version. You will break your graphics card if you try and shove a PCIe into a AGP.
A 6600 or 6800 would run those games fine.

thanks for the reply

my system specs is
3.0ghz pentium 4 HT
i think it was intel g845i? or i845g intel processor (8x agp)
1gb of ddr sdram
and a slim case (9.8 cm wide...)
and currently i have a leadtek geforce fx5200 (agp 8x) a340t or something version

my budget is anything really...as long as i get a new gfx card that can run fear and stuff :(

is there any low profile agp 8x geforce 6600's or even higher around? or even ati x something with good specs (low profile), i just wanna buy a simple gfx card, plug and go...but its becoming confusing lol...

ill have to replace my motherboard to fit a 6600 pcie if thats the only choice, but that means a lot of hassle replacing motherboards and fitting a gfx card for a computer newbie like me :(

thanks a lot for ur replies guys, since the last 2 graphic cards werent low profile and low profile 6600's are pcie-16x, i guess ill have to buy a bigger case :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom