No red color on display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volitle

Beta member
For some reason red is not displaying on my monitor, it only shows up as black. I have had it go off an on to where red an green would work but blue would not.I have 3 monitors that all work fine on other computers and they all do this. I also have 2 graphics cards i have tried and it is still the same. They are a ATI Radeon 7000 and a Geforce4 MX440. They both work fine on other computers also. I have checked the monitor cables an there's nothing wrong with the pins, they are not bent or anything.I have tried using several different drivers for the ATI Radeon card. I have no clue what is wrong, does anyone have any ideas?

strange problem, you point out that the pins and cables are fine and this would have been my first suggestion because of the way a monitor signal works. are the monitors located near speakers or magnetic fields when you are having this problem? is this a new problem that has only just started to happen?

edit: those cards are both AGP right? see if you can get a hold of an old PCI card and try that or use onboard graphics if you have it. could be the BUS at fault.

Good idea I didnt think of that, I'll try out one of my old pci cards. I did move my speakers an everything I thought could interfere away from the monitor.

Thanks you for your help! It was the agp slot, I put in my old pci voodoo card and it works perfect now. What could be wrong with my agp slot though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom