Dual PCI express video setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

insecteye

Solid State Member
Hello everyone.

Just registered at the forum, so I guess this is a "Hi there" post besides my question. Although I'm not a computer "n00b", I've been out of the HW picture for a while, this is why I joined the forum to brush up on my HW skills, and ask you for advice when I'll be building my next rig.

Here's my first questions (did a search on this, and didn't find a topic on it, if there is one already, my apologies).

Does anyone here have a Dual PCI Express video card setup, and what kind of performance imporvements have you noticed when running 2 video cards vs 1. I'm asking for personal experiance here, not something you read in an article. I'm thinking of going dual PCI Express on my next PC purchase, I just wanna know what you guys think of it.

It's not needed, but if you have the money, go for it. You probably won't notice a difference between a single 7800GTX and dual 7800GTXs. At least not in todays applications....

ARe you talking about two independant video cards (for up to four monitors), or are you talking about SLI?

There is a big difference.

Anyone out there with SLI? If yes, what kind of performance improvements did you notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom