2K security problem (folder security)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
so i clicked on security on a folder for some reason and i find this user

S-1-5-21-1715567821-1336604894-839522115-1003

and the user icon is a single guys face with a question mark beside it.

i've never see this before and i've done multiple x multiple installations of 2k.

i have all the right standard users...admin, creater, everyone....but this guys's new to me.

edit:

this is a FRESH install...not even an hour old...i've done microsoft update and installed my chipset. tha's it.

and, this is on a different partition that was also used, but unchanged with a previous installation of xp pro

sorry for the delay.
imavevenue was bein' stupid.

this is what happened to my icons when going from xp to 2k (this the d: partition..not c: which is why i still have these after the format)

this show's the users i'm concerned about.

Within the windows permissions world, when you see that head with the SID string (Security Identifier) that means that the account that was there is deleted or belongs to another computer that is no longer connected.

The most common installation or reason for this is an installation or update of MS .NET Framework and Framework updates.

This application installs a service account on your PC. Not a big deal, as long as you have your account listed on the permissions you can delete the non associated account from the list and things will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom