monitor not turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
This is weird, ever since I updated my graphics card driver, the monitor would not turn off unless i turned off the computer. And whenever I turn on my computer my monitor flashes or something and then its like everything is stretched out, but then everything else is fine when the desktop is loaded. How do I fix this?

Hmm, I have the same graphics card and haven't had that problem, it might be a problem with the connection the the card. Are you using a CRT or LCD monitor?

I'm using a CRT monitor, and I just found out that if I leave it on the power savings turn off the screen but not the monitor, and then after a while it starts making noise and it started to smell like its burning. So now I can't leave my computer on for a long time. Is your driver the latest? Because ever since I installed the version 81.85 driver, this all started.

I'm using a CRT monitor, and I just found out that if I leave it on the power savings turn off the screen but not the monitor, and then after a while it starts making noise and it started to smell like its burning.

i think it would have to be coincidence because unless your GFX card is pumping out some insane voltages you wouldn't get symptoms like this with your monitor. could you describe the noise coming from the monitor?

It sounded like its trying very hard to work, I'm not really sure, and I think it was a beeping sound, but when i kept hearing it started to smell too. But this all happened after I installed the latest driver, it never happened before.

try a diffrent monitor, if the symtoms are happening still its your graphics card. Once you dicipher whats causing these problems(GFX or monitor) we will further investigate

OK, this is weird, I decide to turn off my computer and suddenly when I turn it back on, everything is back to normal, like nothing ever happened. I can turn off my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom