Problem clearing CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but come on, obviously he's not a 'computer whiz' You should have been able to deduce he meant windows from the fact he said it's bringing up 'admin or guest' and asking for a password....since when has your BIOS asked you to sign in as an admin or guest, and beyond that, asked you that upon starting up your computer......you have to TRY to get into the BIOS, it doesn't just slam you with a PW

Well i told him how to get into the CMOS which is what he asked.

Actually i have heard of BIOS's saying:

Please enter the administrator password:

When a password has been set to the BIOS.

I think it's all pretty clear in my first post- as is the fact that the 'expert advice' referred to was from the local shop- not this forum. My frustration was directed at my own lack of knowledge & the local guy, not at anyone in this forum.
If I decide to insult someone, you'll know about it!

Thanks again 4 all the help- I'll be in touch Amd2800.

ag100- frustrated beginner...

Well i told him how to get into the CMOS which is what he asked.

Actually i have heard of BIOS's saying:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please enter the administrator password:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a password has been set to the BIOS.
Yeah that's when you PURPOSELY enter the BIOS....how many times has a passworded BIOS asked you for a login for administrator or guest...theres your clue right there it's not the BIOS...nor does the BIOS just hit you with a password to continue...You have to WANT to enter the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom