Who should i shop with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Gonna get a video card and 512MB of PC3200 more ram but should i shop at tigerdirect or newegg? :/

Who has the better prices, on the specific one you want?

I've used both--Newegg was a bit faster getting it to me...which has led me to buying from them a bit more, and generally a little better on the prices.

But all in all, they are both great...so, find the best prices, and go for it :)

Personally, I would buy computer parts strait from a physical computer shop. That way, if it gives trouble, there are technicians on site to give you a hand.

lol, dont shop with either one of them, go with zipzoomfly, no tax and free shipping on everything cept 4 cases, check out monarch too, cheapest prices but there is shipping on most things

dnoch said:
Personally, I would buy computer parts strait from a physical computer shop. That way, if it gives trouble, there are technicians on site to give you a hand.

Only problem with this is the price is so much more (usually)--if not, this would be ideal...but not for the techs: you pay them at least $40 to do the simplest of things (minimum)...that's worse than a car...being the whole PC is worth $500 or less--speaking of the people that actually take their computers to 'em--as us techno's would never think of it! :bald: Merely for the ability to return something, and not have to do an RMA, wait a week for yours to get to them, wait a week for processing, and another two weeks to get the replacement. (Very tedious--even Newegg, sadly...at least in my dealings with them.)

I've used Monarch as well, very speedy shipping and a great deal...on my Logitech Rumblepad 2:) Cheapest on the net, I believe!

And again...I've bought stuff from many, MANY small sites on the web. Most of course I didn't trust, but I used Citi Card's (Credit card) nice web site feature--generate a virtual card, valid for however long you specify, and you can cap the cost...say good for 1 month, and no more than $74.59 can be put on it! Highly recommended for the crazy 'ol web :) Sorry for going off-topic...

Xula said:
Only problem with this is the price is so much more (usually)

That is definitely a problem. I managed to find a very cheap shop with good customer service :)

Two of my friends have bought stuff from TigerDirct and it took forever to get it! But it was worth it... TigerDirect messed up and sent a 3700+ instead of the 3500+ that was ordered! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom