6800 Ultra or X800 XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4TECH

Solid State Member
Hi all

I`m going to buy new GPU and i need some comments or suggestions for these 2 graphic cards.

The condition is that graphic card must be on AGP !
And can anyone explain me the difference betwen x800 xt and x800 xt PE ?

ty

6800GT, 6800ultra is just a waste of money crap, any 6800GT can do 6800ultra speeds on stock cooling

6800ultra is a waste of money. get 6800gt and overclock it. dont get an x800 because they dont support sm3.

Get a 6800 GT...I just got one and it is SO much faster than my X800 Pro. I don't know about X800XT...but definately get a 6800GT.

Grab the 6800GT and download RIVATUNER. Also, look up the article in CPU magazine that tells you how to "unlock" the extra pixel pipelines on the card using that software. Then OC the card to 6800 Ultra specs or beyond....

Igetshockedalot said:
Grab the 6800GT and download RIVATUNER. Also, look up the article in CPU magazine that tells you how to "unlock" the extra pixel pipelines on the card using that software. Then OC the card to 6800 Ultra specs or beyond....
There are no extra pipes to unlock on the 6800GT, it is the 6800 (non GT) that has 4 extra pipes to unlock. Both the GT and Ultra have 16 pipes.

idiotec said:
There are no extra pipes to unlock on the 6800GT, it is the 6800 (non GT) that has 4 extra pipes to unlock. Both the GT and Ultra have 16 pipes.

Oh, my bad. I just remembered reading the article about the extra pipelines... Thanks for setting that straight! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom