do you guys keep your pc on while sleeping?

System gets restarted every time I boot

• System gets restarted every time I boot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cmos check sum bad(even after replacing with new cell)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i just tested that. I set it to boot up in around a minute, and it did!!!

Thats just so cool

Thanks iceware!

I used to leave a computer server next to me, on 24/4 for about a month, the thing was so loud, and the SCSI drive made a some pretty loud noises too, after a week or two. You get used to the sound.

My PC stays on when I'm uploading or downloading...goes off if 1. that's not happening, and 2. I won't be on in the next 8 hours or so...

Noise isn't a problem for me:- it's the dang heat! Now that it's getting cool outside...maybe I can leave it on more :p

PS: this poll needs a 'some of each' :p

i only leave my pc on when i am using it ...it goes off when i gotto bed due to it having nosey fans it has like 8 fans

4 in the frojnt
1 at the bk
cpu fan
and fan blower
and gfx fanm

i keep my computer on while i am sleeping only if it is performing some operation. my strategy: computer is never in idle, if its on it's being used. generally my pc is only left on if it's burning a dvd (of course it's my own original compilation ;) ) or downloading. i configure my pc to shutdown once the operation is complete

F6Hawk said:
I have 2 desktops, 1 laptop, and one desktop used as a FTP server. All run 24/7. The one I am on now, I built 5 years ago, and except for a coupla moves & storms, it has been on all the time.

Laptop has been on 24/7 for about 95% of its 3 years in use, except trips when we use it in the car for a DVD player. Then it gets shut off when not in use.

Dell XPS 800 FTP server has been on straight for over a year now, don't even turn it off for storms. If it blows, I quit serving files.

Is ur server public ???

if it is can i have the ip address or Domain name to download from ??

i left my Laptop On for 2 years straight and i turned it off once and then it wouldnt start again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom