Using a BAR FRIDGE for Cooling and Storing a Six Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
During SWG guild chat tonight, we were talking about PC Modding and Over Clocking.

We where also talking about the fridge is a little too far way for when we want to grab a beer.

Now the question is this..... what would I need to do in order to convert a bar fidge into a CPU cooling system.

And so I can store a six pack in side for when I am gaming.

Like is this some thing that is do-able?
Or should I STFU?

I definately thought of this and I also took some action. I do not have a barfridge so I took another initiative.

I took some icepacks and stuffed it into a canister, I put enough space for air to come in and a fan on the other side so cold air would come out. This was put into 2 empty Disk Bays.

My results were that my CPU temperatures lowered by 2 degrees and case temperature lowered by 6.

Its not a big improvement, and you have to watch out for water leaking.

The easiest way to do this IMO would be to invest in a water loop...drill two holes in the side of fridge and run your radiator, pump and reservoir inside the fridge...I think all you would need for that would be some dielectric grease for thermal compund and possibly neoprene rubber

The more efficent use of the mini fridge would be to salvage parts for a phase change setup...however they gets much more complicated and you wouldn't be able to keep your beer in it without freezing your hand in the process of getting it

A third solution would be to invest in a peltier and incoporate it into an existing loop...this requires much less easier condensation protection methods and still keeps temperatures relatively cold

Obviously you could also insert your entire PC into the existing fridge however they would require much more condensation protection for all of the motherboard circuits

This has been discussed numerous times in many forums. Almost every time it's been tested and found that a bar fridge is simply not a good cooling solution. The constant heat given off by the waterloop inside the fridge will cause the fridge to run constantly (unlike its regular state of cooling, shutting off, cooling, shutting off, where the cooling part is shorter than the off), so you will kill the fridge by trying this.

trigger_sad said:
so you will kill the fridge by trying this.
Thankfully the TRADING POST aways has asome one that is giving away a free Bar Fridge.

i was thinking about doing like gaara said after i get wc and putting the wc parts in there and drill holes in the fridge and case to go in. i think that would be a great idea and would cool the water quite a bit if done right...

Been looking at from work logs online, and at this stage using the fridge for the resoware (spelling) and using it with water cooling seems to be the best option.

well first of all a 6 pack blows lol and second of all u need something to atleast store a 18 pack if ya tryin ta get all crunk and have sniping issues lol just bring a full size fridge and put ur pc in it and the 18 pack with a 6 pack to

how about the wires leavign the fridge. how can this be solved.

maybe make a hope in the door, then put the necesarry wires in it and then use somethign to seal the holes so no air comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom