Problem, Need Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanServer

Baseband Member
Hi,
The other day i downloaded the program registry mechanic. I ran the software it found some 500 problems but only deleted about 150 due to the trial version. After running this software on 2 computers on both the internet is displaying problems. In IE the internet will work for about a minute after the computer starts the just display a page cannot be displayed. In firefox the internet will work, but most of the time i will have to click the link i want 4 or 5 times in order for it to goto the requested page. The weird thing is that the whole time that this is happening i am connected to MSN messanger Yahoo Messanger and AIM and expirencing no problems. If anyone knows anything about this problem andy help would be fabulouse.

Thanks,
Sean Wichers

Try a system restore or last know good config. Do ever use that again, use CCleaner and thats it.

I have already tryed a system restore to no prevail. I ran it several times with varying dates and nothing changed. I will give CCleaner and get back to you guys. In the meantime are there any other suggestions

Thanks alot Warez for the post

Yes, never ever use a registry cleaner. CCleaner I have used and never had a problem and people on here use it and Ive never seen anything bad from it. Just leave the registry alone unless you know what to delete. You can delete one entry and reboot and thats it, you need to reinstall.

Ok, I understand what your saying and i would like to avoid reinstalling if at all possible. Does this problem sound like it would be caused but a problem in the registry. It seems kind of awkward. If so does anyone know of the specific registry file that is in charge of this

Thanks again warez for the post

Does RM keep a deleted items area? Also if you still do decide to use this program, backup the registry

RM does make a backup brfore it deletes anything which makes me suspicious. I have restored to their backup already also to no prevail. It makes me think if it is a problem with the registry at all. Thats the only thing that changed except for on both computers i started gettin a popup that was actually a prog askin to install a toolbar im pretty sure it was the IST thing. Does this cause this problem, after my research i havent heard of any problem like mine.

k, i myself have been contimplating doing that. You are talking about just like putting in the xp cd booting then choosing to upgrade or whatever so it just reinstalls the systme files. Is this true. After done reistalling all the files will still be there but the programs in the start menu will no longer be there and neither will your setting correct? If there is any way in avoiding losing all setting and start menu items that would be sweet.

Thanks again Warez

No, not the upgrade...you need to reboot and boot off the cd then do a repair. If you autorun Xp from the desktop and choose an upgrade, I'm not 100% for sure if it will do that...but I do know that if you do a repair, you will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom