Gaming rig, suggestions and opinions welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
USAWolf said:
Do not go with XFX, they have major heat issues and are not the best cards, go with eVGA or PNY, other than that, HAVE FUN

thanks, but I am just wondering for future references, where did you see that XFX has heat issues?

Nice setup. I recommend going with the X2 3800+ though. For normal tasks, it'll be much "faster" than the 4000+ and its easily overclocked too. You won't notice a huge difference in games between their overclocked speeds.

siegler said:
thanks, but I am just wondering for future references, where did you see that XFX has heat issues?
I dunno what he meant, cuz over on DFI street, XFX was one of the cards highly recommended for my system. It has a double lifetime warranty (one for you, one for anyone you sell/give it to). Sounds to me like good insurance!

Flanker2 said:
Nice setup. I recommend going with the X2 3800+ though. For normal tasks, it'll be much "faster" than the 4000+ and its easily overclocked too. You won't notice a huge difference in games between their overclocked speeds.

I thought about the 3800+ x2, but if i was to get a dual core, i want to get something at least like a 4200+.

If i get the 4000+, how long do you think it will take for it to be the "dragger" in games. My roomate has the 3000+ and plays games at high quality (not the best settings, but good) and I thought if I get the the 4000+ I would be set for a while.

When in the nearby future do you think games will utilize dual cores? If its within a year, then I might think its worth getting. If not, I will definatly be happy with my 4000+.

And in terms of multitasking, I don't really multitask, I mean whats the point really if you are playing a game and doing something else.

I just read tonight (can't remember where, though) that there were about 5 or more games that used multi-threads or multi-cores. BF2, FEAR, I remember those, but can recall the others. More than I expected, though. And I am sure more will be coming out as time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom