Poor Mans Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they make 660GT in AGP.. and Flanker, he games.. he wants to be able to play some of the newer games.. his only chance is to get the 6600GT.. and i say thats the best (cheaper end) card for him.. so trust me, get a 6600GT

Why a 6600GT when you can get an AGP vanilla 6800 for the same price, like I did? :D

.. okay, not the same price, but only $20 more than the XFX 6600GT, and $5 more than the eVGA one (without rebates).

OMG. IF HE WAS GOING TO GET A 6600GT HE WOULDN'T BUILD A $300 PC, HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?! God...you people recommend the 6600GT to EVERYONE, from the $1200 builders to the $300 builders...its getting kind of ridiculous.

ThePCmaN, I want to play the newest games at max, does that mean I can afford a 7800GTX? Wow...

Make the videocard fit the price. Do you rescearch.

I recommend one of the Radeon 9600 series, 9600 Pro preferably.

9600 PRO.

If you really can spend more (doubt it) then go for the XFX 6600GT, since that seems to be going for pretty cheap these days. Be ready to shell out like $150 up front though, because you have to use a rebate.

dude... i saw his build.. and i know everyone recommends the 6600GT.. but it would be a good choice to get in his situation.. he just spent $300 on his starting out PC.. now he wants to fix it up a lil to get somethin better out of it..

hell be able to afford it, unless he quit his job at Kroger..

but you could go ahead n get the, 6800 128MB 256-bit

and i didnt say anything about gettin a 7800GTX.. cuz i know that would be ALONG time to save up for.. but its within more reason to save up for a 6600GT

How do you NOT UNDERSTAND that he just paid that much for it, and now he is wanting to upgrade a couple things now that he actually has the PC...

Actaully the fx5200 is a good card i run one 256mb version n i run Bf2 .Call of duty ,NFS U 2,BFVN etc

ThePCmaN said:
they make 660GT in AGP.. and Flanker, he games.. he wants to be able to play some of the newer games.. his only chance is to get the 6600GT.. and i say thats the best (cheaper end) card for him.. so trust me, get a 6600GT

Actually the Fx5200 will run all the latest games as mine does

i run battlefield 2 and that very new game

so u will be fine dude

ThePCmaN said:
and i didnt say anything about gettin a 7800GTX.. cuz i know that would be ALONG time to save up for.. but its within more reason to save up for a 6600GT

It was an example... and I was talking about myself.

OK, what the f*ck are you talking about? A 6600GT won't play sh!t if the rest of his system bottlenecks it...not to mention it would be 1/3rd the price of his system...

He wasn't asking for a video card recommendation, he was asking of a review of his system...or do YOU not understand that?

PZEROFGH said:
i would have to say 9800pro

pst my 9800pro is for sale ;)
There you go, Kid, someone on the forums trying to help ya! Offer him $50 for the card, and go game to your heart's content!

What a great guy you are, PZEROFGH!! You are tops in my book!

well lets see... other people started recommended him gettin new parts and upgradin..

and i noticed that he wants to play like Quake 4 and stuff like that.. so if he want a decent look at the game.. a 6600GT would run fine.. and it wont bottleneck .. his system will be able to handle a 6600GT.. he has a good enough system to handle it.. specially after he gets the other stick of 512MB..

and ONCE again.. he will be able to afford it... he has a JOBBBB!!!

how else do u think he is gonna get the new harddrive & other stick of RAM.. its called... SAVING UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom