new pc problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
ok here goes.....im building a new pc for a friend.
Specs:
M851 mobo with built in graphics
AMD athlon 1900+ low voltage proc
256meg pc2100 ram

when i fit it all together, the screen stays blank when i turn it on but after about 5 seconds it turns off and you have to unplug at the wall before you can start it again. Ive changed the power supply and the processor..........wat could be wrong?

ok ive checked all the mobo jumpers, and after taking the cpu out and putting it back in the rig now starts and keeps running yet i still get a blank screen........

Hmm, basically you can't get it to post. Check the motherboard mounting posts, make sure there isn't one too much somewhere (it may be shortening out the mobo), i did that one time by accident, lol. And then basically just check everything else, disconnect all of the devices. Just have the CPU and ram in the motherboard and try turning it on that way, check if it'll post that way. If it won't (and u checked the mobo posts), you either have faulty CPu or ram or mobo for that matter, so then i personally would check the CPU and ram in another system (if u have one available). (also do u get any post sound beeps?) Thats all i can say for now, i hope it works out for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom