Problem with maximising program windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitty

Beta member
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had the problem of program windows not restoring to appropriate size, i.e can only maximize program windows. when restore is used the window just flys up off the screen. I cant even use the windows calculator cause it doesnt maximise!!

any help would be appreciated,
cheers

Thanks for the help, but no luck.
Internet explorer works fine, as does word, excel etc. some other programs such as WinRAR, notepad and others can only be viewed when the windows are maximised, and are only visible as open on the taskbar when i try to restore and resize them.

Pitty,

I've had that problem occur many times with various Operating Systems. One example of a successful fix which is explained on the following site's page, has always corrected the issue for me.

http://www.nhyrvana.com/max.html

It's a simple enough fix, which does wqork in most cases. Persistance is often the key in solving the issue. Good luck. Hope this helps you ...

Thanks Carolyn,

i had a bit of a muck about using the cascade tiles option, and that works as a quick fix some of the time. the problem now lies in the programs that dont have a maximize option. Task manager isnt fixed by this method either.
i'll keep looking

cheers

Hi. i think i have the problem fixed. i uninstalled then reinstalled the display drivers and that seemed to fix the problem. cheers for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom