My Computer Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

iru_16

Beta member
I've got a new computer with the following configuration.

MSI RS480
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, ~1.8GHz
Nvdia Geforce 6600 256Mb PCIe
512Mb Transend Ram @400Mhz
160Gb Seagate Barracuda

I've got this computer recently...
My computer restarts whenever i play games like GTA:San Andreas or NFS:UG2 for fifteen twenty minutes. I would be very happy if anybody can help me with the same.
irshad.r@gmail.com

Well, Cabinet is big enough. Doesn't have an extra cooling fan. Has a normal heat sink and a fan on it. Besides.. I just downloaded a tool for noting the temperature... my normal operating tempurature is 62.C Is it high? Or is it normal for my configuration.

No 62 degrees celcius is very high for an idling computer, mine is 3.2 ghz and idles around 35 degrees. Something is wrong with your cooling setup. When you play a game a lot more calculations are done by the gpu and cpu causesing the cpu to heat up. The temperature probably breaches the reset temperature in the bios and reboots to prevent destroying the chip. You either need more case fans, or your heatsink isnt on right because theres no way you should be idling at that high a temperature. Do you have an intel or amd chip? I think intel chips underclock themselves instead of rebooting so it sounds like an AMD chip but im not completely sure.

edit- whoops saw your specs and its an amd chip so thats why it reboots.

Well, even during the ideal weather... Morning Early hours.. my computer boots are around 58 C. Increasing the number of cooling fans is a good option. But, I've already got one which runs so fast at 62C and reaches 6200Rpm and makes enough noise to disturb. What I was thinking is How much can a cooling fan do when your computer starts at 58-60 C?

Well, by any chance is my hardware faulty. All you AMD 64-bit users.. please report your cpu tempurature.

If possible, take the tower out of the cabinet and find a place for it in the open. You can try laying it on its side with the cover off and see if it will still freeze during games. Do you a fan blowing hot air out from the back?

Try re seating your cpu, and applying extra thermal paste to it.
If its a P4 with the 775 socket the heatsink and fan may not be makin full contact to the cpu. This will make a huge difference even if its out my a few mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom