How ofton to reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidious1120

In Runtime
How often should i reformat my computer? Its closing up to a year since i got this computer and i use to download alot of junk

EricB said:
I do mine about 5 or 6 times a year

That is a bit extreem. If you have a good anti-virus and firewall, you only need to reformat every 1 and a half to 2 years.

dnoch said:
That is a bit extreem. If you have a good anti-virus and firewall, you only need to reformat every 1 and a half to 2 years.

If your smart you dont even need an anti-virus. I am debating one right now. 3 times a year for me, and I never have hacker or virus problems

Always nice to have a peice of mind.
If you don't have a virus-detector, you would be surprised if you take an anti-virus test. You may not know about them, but often those who are unprotected have at least 4-5 virus's.

lol lets not go nuts always have an anti virus just in case :) and I format once a year although if you partition you can format parts when and if needed without having problems backing up and having to reinstall everything.

baronvongogo said:
lol lets not go nuts always have an anti virus just in case :) and I format once a year although if you partition you can format parts when and if needed without having problems backing up and having to reinstall everything.

ThatÂ’s a good point. I installed a second hard drive (although you could do this with a partition as well.) and pointed the Windows My Documents folder to the second hard drive, so that when I reformat I don't have to worry about backing up all of my documents as they are already backed up on my second hard drive.

An ideal setup would be to use one hard drive or partition for the operating system only and the other hard drive / partition for all of your essential documents.

-Graywolf

nitestick said:
i generally reformat at least once every 2 months.

Why would you put yourself through the agravation of reformating every 2 months? You barely have enough time to reload all your drivers before you reformat again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom