Nec DVD DF DL Burner
Arctic Silver 5
Arctic Cooling Freezer64
Aspire 80mm Blue LED Case Fan
Mitsumi Floppy Drive
Ideazon Zboard [Gaming Keyboard]
Logitech X-230 Speakers [POS, but I need new speakers]
XFX GeForce 6800 [Vanilla] 256MB GDDR3 PCIe

This is all for $1244.98 shipping and tax included.

Alright, so after selling everything I want to sell I will have a little more than the total with tax and shipping to purchase this rig.

I'm a Linux user and I game through Cedega, so getting an ATi card is simply out of the question, since the X850XT PE performs slightly better than the 6800Vanilla in Linux. Also, Linux benefits more from dual core than Windows does, so I would really like to have one.

How does it seem? Anything you would change?

Megadeth2 said:
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
G. Skill Value DDR400 2-3-2-6
2 x Hitachi Deskstar 7K80 [For RAID Setup]
ePower Warrior [w/ Disguised Puma II]
Atec 11-in-1 Card Reader
Nec DVD DF DL Burner
Arctic Silver 5
Arctic Cooling Freezer64
Aspire 80mm Blue LED Case Fan
Mitsumi Floppy Drive
Ideazon Zboard [Gaming Keyboard]
Logitech X-230 Speakers [POS, but I need new speakers]
XFX GeForce 6800 [Vanilla] 256MB GDDR3 PCIe

This is all for $1244.98 shipping and tax included.

1) 6800 256MB is the same cost as a 6800GT

2)XFX is bad

3)mobo...get MSI, ABIT, DFI, etc.

4) PSU?

5) no soundcard :(

This guy didnt review his post obviously he left out so many things as PZEROFGH said

You guys don't do your reading...
This is why I hate coming here because everyone is illiterate when it comes to tech and yet this is a tech forum.

If you read reviews about that board [from Anandtech or somewhere of the like] you would see that it has great ocing capabilities and performs on par with the DFI Lanparty nF4.

If the 6800 was the same cost as the 6800GT, then why would I buy it? The 6800 is nearly $100 less than the GT from the same brand. Do your research.

You don't read, do you! The PSU comes with the case. That is why I put w/ disguised Puma.

Do you not know of something called integrated sound?

As far as I'm concerned, Hitachi is one of the best brands I've ever used. Other people have recommended it to me.

I think it is time to QUIT THIS FORUM!

SHAWN said:
deskstar = deathstar IMO. Poor choice in hard drive brand.
So what HDDs DO you like? You also said Maxtors were no good. Just curious, you are quick to say a HDD is no good, but you never say what you recommend.

Megadeth2 said:
You guys don't do your reading...
This is why I hate coming here because everyone is illiterate when it comes to tech and yet this is a tech forum.

If you read reviews about that board [from Anandtech or somewhere of the like] you would see that it has great ocing capabilities and performs on par with the DFI Lanparty nF4.

If the 6800 was the same cost as the 6800GT, then why would I buy it? The 6800 is nearly $100 less than the GT from the same brand. Do your research.

You don't read, do you! The PSU comes with the case. That is why I put w/ disguised Puma.

Do you not know of something called integrated sound?

As far as I'm concerned, Hitachi is one of the best brands I've ever used. Other people have recommended it to me.

I think it is time to QUIT THIS FORUM!

And if YOU had any knowledge of hardware, you would STFU and listen to people. The motherboard will crap on you every single chance it gets. Any motherboard that lets you change the HTT can overclock, but most are made from crap materials and stuff fails on them every single day. The Lanparty is like, a whole different league.

Owned on the 6800GT part.

PSUs that come with the case are CRAP and WILL eventually fail on you. And they ALWAYS fail...

Its just that, when someone buys a system with parts like a X2 3800+, they include a sound card. Heard of one of those (Pun intended :p )?

Riiiiight, and as far as I'm concerned, Maxtor is the best HDD brand in the world since one has never failed on me. But does that mean it hasn't failed on other people? Maxtor was rated #2 more-likely-to-fail brand over at the OC Forums.

I think its time for you to learn your stuff or "QUIT THIS FORUM" as you yourself put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom