Good LCD Monitor? Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoLithic

Baseband Member
I dont know much about monitors so I am asking for some opinions on a good LCD monitor. I would like to have a 19" black monitor. My price range is $325.00 or less. Please only give me your thoughts on products you have used or know something about. Thanks in advance for all your help!

I guess I dont really understand ms so I am a bit confused. Time for me to go do some research and learn about it I guess.

Yes, higher contrast is better. From my research, 500:1 at a minimum. 1000:1 is nice, but hard to find unless you step up to a LCD TV.

Some say 8ms is better for gaming, but have read of users running at 12 ms with no ghosting. The lower, the better.

The one I posted, I have no personal experience with, but several users report great success with it, and it has nice reviews @ Newegg. The 20ms is a black-white-black reading, shich most don't even publish. Again, I am just posting what has been recommended to me.

If price is of little concern, the Dell 2405FPW seems to be a big hit lately. But I ain't willing to fork over $900 for a monitor at this point in my life. :)

Also, if you do a search for LCDs on Newegg, and pick ViewSonic, the top-rated one is actually cheaper than the one I listed, and it boasts 3ms GTG times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom