When does the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp4rtan

In Runtime
I think I want to buy the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe but I am not sure when it will come out so I am not sure if I should just buy the a8n deluxe or wait for this

So when does it come out?

You won't currently get that much of a speed from it now. Maybe the next generation will. So if you are only going to use the 6 or 7 series now, just get the 16 lane SLI.

Why won't I get that much out of it now?

And only a 6 and 7 series what is better than those two currently (I plan on getting 2x 7800 gts)

PCI Express is a serial based technology. Which means data can be transfered in both directions. PCIe 16x is capable of up to 4000MBps transfer rate in both directions. This is true of one single card. Up to this point most SLI motherboards that have (2) PCIe 16X slots have only been able to use 8x bandwidth or roughly 2133MBps for each slot. Which is also roughly the same transfer rate of the current AGP slot. So you're taking a card & serial bus slot with (16x) capability and limiting it to 8X bandwidth. Although the combination of two video cards does increase performance, this current SLI technology with (2) 8x bandwidth is limiting the PCIe technology.

Enter SLI motherboards that support 16x & 16x = 32x Bandwidth.
Which claims to provide up to 8000MBps bandwidth potential.
Well how does this potential stack up against the current 4000MBps available?

Here is an article from HotHardware.com where they've basically reviewed, benchmarked and provided conclusions to this new technology.
http://hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=739

If you don't want to read the article i'll sum it up for you.

They basically discovered that this new technology only provides a must noticable increase in performance when running games like "FRYCRY" at Highest Resolutions with 8X SLI-AA - 16xAF vs. 16x SLI-AA - 16xAF between the 16x boards & 32x boards.
fcsliaa.png

Which IMO for an Extremely High-end gamer, this technology is a no brainer. If you're going to spend $5000.00 on a gaming beast, you might as well get the absolute most out of your system.

As for the ASUS A8N32 motherboard, they need to redesign this board to better support use of it's PCI slots. People whom want to use high-end Soundcards or other PCI cards will be at a loss for real estate and take a hit in the thermal department. This board just isn't layed out properly.

So are you saying that this technology does not really have noticable difference with most games?

Well, I guess it depends on what type of games. Obviously, older games won't see much of a performance boost if any. But newer games that are very graphic intensive especially with the highest settings, will see a performance boost. Which is more then 50 to 70%.

With games becoming more and more graphically intense, a highend machine will take full advantage of this technology.
Having the ability to run all new games that their highest settings and resolutions with out taking a hit in performance is something serious gamers would enjoy.

I don't think this is for everyone. But, for those whom are shelling out thousands of dollars to get every little bit out of there machines for their gaming experience, could benefit from the addition bandwidth that 32X provides. The benchmarks i've seen kinda tells me that this technology is only benefical at highest resolutions and settings.

NVIDIA and ATI will probably have to specifically redesign their drivers to better enhance this technology, but right now it's kinda impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom