What Gaming processor Is right for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp4rtan

In Runtime
I am not quite sure which processor is right for me. I am a gamer so I want a good processor for games but I have been told many different opinions. At first i could'nt decide between AMD 3700+ AMD 3800+ or AMD 4000+ single core cpus. Now I was told that dual cores are better than single cores for gaming and if not now then they will be in the near future. I can't decide which one is right for me so a little advice would help me.

Ps: And why does the 3700+ have more L2 cache than the 3800?

So you think that the dual-core will play games better?

P.S. : I am mainly thinking about playing battlefield 2 not really thinking about future games just yet

yup X2

right now X2 is equal to a single core in gaming, and even if games in the future you wont buy, you will still be able to multi task more .

What about the Opteron cpus? Someone kept telling me to get an Opteron cpu but I havent really looked into those much at all

no I will pass on that one.

but do you have any reasons to back up that x2 dual core cpus are better? I have read some pcworld and maximum pc articles that say that single core still has an edge over dual.

...ok well i cant back it up but i think people know that 2 cpus are better then 1, the only reason is taht games dont use the 2 cpu YET thats why ppl say buy single core. but cpu isnt a really big deal in gaming, so i mean if your going to buy a processor you might as well go with X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom