Advice on pc needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the computer in my sig, I am able to run BF2, Doom3, FarCry, etc etc with really good graphics settings.

To be honest, I havent heard anything about the X550 release, so I dont know how well it plays games.

I do, however, know how well the X600 Pro (a notch above the X550). And let me tell you, it doesnt perform all that well. The 6600GT is a huge performance increase over the X600. If it turns out to be $50 more, I say it's well worth it.

Elbatrop1 said:
With the computer in my sig, I am able to run BF2, Doom3, FarCry, etc etc with really good graphics settings.

i cant read your sig lol it goes to fast, and its blue on blue/black so it kind of blends in

Well, let's not be too harsh on the x700 series. I know the x600 series is pretty poopy, but I'm relatively satisfied with my x700. I was running the COD2 demo just fine, and it was very detailed. I picked my card because I was on a budget. I really like it. It was one hundred bucks on newegg.

Ryan

You probably should get XP Home SP2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102151

I wouldnt really cheap out on a $50 psu/case combo....something like this is a good deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129157

Or this is ok:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119080

A good way to think for building a computer that u want to last and also be upgradeable is:

1) Think a good, solid, roomy case. 2) A quality, steady PSU. 3) Mboard....then start thinkin performance etc.....if your gaming, then video card is the priority...etc...just some thoughts.

I wouldnt go less than a 6600gt, it just isnt worth it for todays games. Ive had my 6600gt for 10 months and I love it, but I want to upgrade already to get better graghics.

vaderpro said:
You probably should get XP Home SP2

A good way to think for building a computer that u want to last and also be upgradeable is:

1) Think a good, solid, roomy case. 2) A quality, steady PSU. 3) Mboard....then start thinkin performance etc.....if your gaming, then video card is the priority...etc...just some thoughts.

I wouldnt go less than a 6600gt, it just isnt worth it for todays games. Ive had my 6600gt for 10 months and I love it, but I want to upgrade already to get better graghics.
Thanks for the info regarding XP SP2...
But, keep in mind I'm trying to keep this pc under $600.
I'll probably replace the video card, once I get more money...

Another thing... does anyone know where I can find a chart of all the ATI and/or nVidia cards, showing which ones are better and better, etc.

Thanks! :cool:

Your welcome!!!
Um theres lots of benchmarks out there regarding video cards. Try tomshardware.com. But you can trust us when we say get a Nvidia 6600gt, cause its best bang for the buck, by far. ATI cards cant compete at the moment.

Another question, if I'm buying the OEM version of XP Home SP2, do I need anything else to install it on a new (with no OS) HDD?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom