cant view jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you saved the file locally and then tried to open it?
Also, can this attachement be opened by anyone else on another computer?

(I know... simular to above... sorry)

bradybnmci said:
benzimm86 :

Can you open a .jpg on any account on that machine ?
Are you using roaming profiles ?

Well i have only tried the account thats name was changed to old and the entirly new account that was created during the logon. So i am going to say that no account can open the file.

Inaris said:
have you saved the file locally and then tried to open it?
Also, can this attachement be opened by anyone else on another computer?

(I know... simular to above... sorry)

Yes i have tried to save it locally and open it. This also does not work. On a different computer, the file was opened just fine with no problems using the same programs that we tried to use on the defective machine.

yes they both have the same general config. The computer can open other jpeg files though such as the windows sample images. Its just this file.

What i meant by another account was :
an entirely different user.
ex: lets say you were the one that was logged in and tried to open this pic.
I would then log you out and login with "My" account to test the OS.
sorry if that doesn't make sense... im really tired today.

so the file errors no matter when you open it from... That is really strange. Can you check to make sure you path statements are good on that machine? Look for things like this%%systemroot%% as that is incorrect.
Also, are the updates all the same on both machines? any file version differences between mspaint.exe one one machine and another?
Look at the file type options for .jpg from the folder options menu. do you see a difference there?

i think this problem is a lost cause. There has to be something wrong with it. I forwarded the email to my boss with the attachment and the only way he could open it is to save it to his hard drive. I did not have to do that on my computer. I think we are going to just rebuild the computer. It has been having to many problems to deal with these days. Windows xp here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom