I need the regscanw.exe file for Win ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

robqx4

Baseband Member
Some how my computer is missing the "regscanw.exe" file.

Does anyone have a copy for me to use....Please!!

O/S WinME

Thanks,

Rob

Well i did a google search and it didnt show the regscanw.exe as being a file. It did show regscan.exe as being a good file but most of them were for Virus scanners. It that what is causeing our problem? If so then uninstall the application and re-install and it should solve you issue. If not let us know what exactly the error message says so we can help.

I meant "scanregw.exe".....

Sorry.....I miss typed I need the "scanregw.exe" file
for Win ME.

Thanks

Well this is what i found about the file...
ScanRegistry X scanregv.exe Added by the MASTERLOCK TROJAN!. Not to be confused with the real ScanRegistry - which is a vital Windows file. This version has the executable as scanregv.exe not scanregw.exe
ScanRegistry Y Scanregw.exe Scans the system registry and makes back-ups at start-up. Important should the registry become corrupt. The executable "Scanregw.exe" is located in %windir% (where %windir% is the Windows directory - C:\Windows or C:\Winnt)
ScanRegistry X Scanregw.exe Added by the STATOR WORM! Not to be confused with the legitimate ScanRegistry entry - which is a vital Windows file. The executable "Scanregw.exe" is located in %windir%\System (where %windir% is the Windows directory - C:\Windows or C:\Winnt). Runs from the registry RunServices key as opposed to the Run key

Are you sure you need this? Does the OS start up? It might be a trojan. Have you run a virus scan lately?

it will most likely be on your Windows ME CD, in a folder called i386
but it might have its file extension as ".ex_" instead of ".exe" so you'll have to rename it

what are you trying to do? redo the registry? If so, type in either:
scanreg /now

OR

scanreg /restore

(note the spaces).... this doens't always work, you'll know because after you chose the date to restore the user.dat and system.ini it will tell you if it failed. Another way is to attrib the system.1st to unarchive it via the -r -a -s -h swich, and then copy it as system.ini (make sure to rename the original to something like system.old). Reboot, rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom