So many video cards, so little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... that's where the pixel pipelines, core and memory clock, amount of RAM on the card, and other things come into play. The actual interface of the card, as of now, doesn't have much to do with the actual performance of the card.

oh i didn't know that. LOL. thanks captain obvious. of course those are variables, but the interface does make a difference. for ex, a 6800 on a 4x will perform worse then on an 8x.

If you take your PCI-E 7800GTX and put it up against an AGP 6800GT, yes, there will be a difference. However, when you compare the AGP 6800GT with the PCI-E 6800GT, the difference is negligible. Also, from what I've been told by people on these forums, the difference between AGP 4x, and AGP 8x isn't very big either.

okay, new question.... now it's down to something else. scratch the puny 6800 128 agp. now it's between 1 BFG 7800GTX OC or 2 SLI eVGA 6800's. Oddly enough it seems as if the 7800 alone will produce more than 2 6800's? I postponed my decision from yesterday until today, so help me out. Thanks!!

Is the cooling that comes stock on the BFG 7800 GTX sufficient or should I use after market cooling?

I don't think I'll be overclocking this card only because it is already overclocked with a lifetime warranty and I don't want to mess that up. Most stock fans and heatsyncs still aren't that great though. How does this one measure up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom