Windows XP Pro Upgrade Just sitting there..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandivine

Baseband Member
Howdy,
I was upgrading windows xp home to pro, everything was fine till, it was about thirteen minutes from finishing, it was in the registering componets stage and this window pops up with the big red circle with an X. ...The title of the window is unregmp2.exe-entry point not found, the content of the window says......The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL

Now the set up is just sitting there stalled and I was wondering what should I do. The only thing I know to do is turn off the computer but I don't know. Anyone with knowlege of this please respond. Greatly appreciated, DSH

it could be the upgrade cd that you are using - try a different one because the other reasons could be that the windows xp home is not installed properly or the hdd has a problem!

Is there any other option?. I do think u will have to restart the computer. But i am not sure.
The problem u faced could be due to a virus too. Maybe some the registry keys have been modified or removed. Thats when we face problems with upgrade.
If possible try reinstalling the os and then upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom