Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
coffee.jpg

This is the third message ive seen from this guy, somebody ban him please

I have great news for everyone! :D

Tested on Vista 5231

I cannot be sure on this but it does apear that Microsoft no longer requires the drivers for any hardware to be digitally signed by them. This is a great relief to me and I'm sure to many others.

The warning on digitally signed drivers is removed
signeddriver.png

On the downside you still need a 64 meg video card to get transparencies.

As a suprise to many MS did include P2P but it is not funtional nore can it be installed through the Windows components.

It is shown but not funtional
p2p.png

There is no option to install P2P
components.png

Tyler1989 said:
I have great news for everyone! :D

Tested on Vista 5231

I cannot be sure on this but it does apear that Microsoft no longer requires the drivers for any hardware to be digitally signed by them. This is a great relief to me and I'm sure to many others.

The warning on digitally signed drivers is removed

On the downside you still need a 64 meg video card to get transparencies.

Edit: It looks like I may have been wrong about P2P on Vista I'll update the post when I finish exploring this new build.

what the hell are you talking about? you misconstrue every that everybody say. somebody mention that longhorn had it in the add/remove windows components,

killians45 said:
Oh, as far as not finding P2P in longhorn, from my understanding it is not installed by default.

add it via Add/Remove Programs --> Add/Remove Windows Components. Install the Peer-to-Peer component. That will add the p2p.dll needed for running the samples.

just so ya know... as far as P2P, I stick with bit torrent. Mostly for obscure or no longer publised materials, however I AM guilty of downloading stuff that isn't, but not often.
so now you are using that statement against vista. it's in control panel (classic view) in vista

EricB said:
What were you saying?

P2P.jpg

Hey Eric I said it did have P2P even before I edited my post as you just happened to quote. And from what I can read (please fix grammer) you are saying that Vista still requires it to be signed from MS. Please show me where because all the warnings are gone and in group policies it is no longer enforced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

I'm willing to be proved wrong but till you can show pictures or give step by step instructions on how to "sucessfully" install it I will stick by my statment. It isn't completed in this build plain and simple.

Tyler1989 said:
Hey Eric I said it did have P2P even before I edited my post as you just happened to quote. And from what I can read (please fix grammer) you are saying that Vista still requires it to be signed from MS. Please show me where because all the warnings are gone and in group policies it is no longer enforced.

here we go again, you tell me to fix grammar, yet you don't understand anything that you read from people with perfect english or grammar.

Tyler1989 said:
you are saying that Vista still requires it to be signed from MS.

Now where did I say that?

I actually said that disabling it in vista was easy, when you ask a how to do it. get the facts straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom