AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU is not only thing that you must consider. Most important thing is mainboard or data bus. dual memories are fine. second try to buy max amount of memory.at last buy one of the latest CPUS. a good sound card is a mustfor gaming.

I don't think I'd call the FSB/HTT the most important aspect, although it can help a lot. but you do see the Pentium 3's with PC133 SDRAM beating out the Pentium 4's with DDR266 at same and often lower CPU clocks. the P3 1.2 actually being a bit higher than the Pentium 4 1.6
most new computers have at least 200MHZ HTT/FSB for DDR RAM

ok, u guys dont remember me , but im on the 3ed page. i went out later and got a p4 prescott processor(stupid stupid choice now looking back). i finally conclude that intel is spending zero time thinking, and all the time trying to rush their new stuff on the market. heres my story.
ok so i got the fallowing home:
3.0ghz presscott cpu
some $200 motherboard, i forget wat kind
nice $100 case that had 6 fans in it
80 gig sata hard drive
2 sticks of pc2 ram 512mb each(set up in duel mode)
dvd-rw
dvd-rom

...... anyway heres wat happened. i get it all out of boxes, then i look at the cpu fan, guess what i see... BENDABLE PLASTIC to hold it to the motherboard. i was mad, but i guessed that intel knew what they were doing when they did that, so i assembled it all.
turns out when i turn it on, it beeps then shuts off within 1 sec. im confused. i take the whole thing apart and put it back to gether. turn it on, and it works, even more confusing. so i go into the bios and see that it is running at 160 dagrees farenhight. :eek: ... i get worried, this computer is not for me and i am getting paid for it, i didnt want to trade this thing when it is at 160 dagrees, i just wouldnt feel right knowing that these people had a toster in their computer.
so i go around online, and i get even more confused when i see a pic of someone overcocking with same specs as me and still having 110 dagrees. so i take the whole thing to a shop and ask them what is going on. they said that it is not normal. and then they find out that my heatsink is incorectly put on. so tthey get me a new heat sink and they try to put it on themselves, they broke it in their attempt and they replaced it free of charge. they are near impossible to put on, it took him through 3 differ heat sinks to attach it right.
now is the time i say whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaattttttt is intel thinking putting that on the market!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway, now the computer is runnign fine, its sorta loud cus of the fans. its fast, but to tell you the truth i think id stick with a amd if i could do it over agean, seeing as how i spent $2500 making that computer.

samuel said:
anyway heres wat happened. i get it all out of boxes, then i look at the cpu fan, guess what i see... BENDABLE PLASTIC to hold it to the motherboard. i was mad, but i guessed that intel knew what they were doing when they did that, so i assembled it all.

If you mean the arm to lock the heatsink onto the mobo, most processors these days have that.

and they are supposed to be metal lol. my stock amd one has only 2, my thermaltake has 6...woohoo 25C idle now! come on winter, TIME TO OC!

coffee.jpg

easy - intel have better floating point units, making them better for spreadsheets, photoshop, recoding DVD or other media, or basically any appliaction involving division. where as AMD have better memory pipelines, allowing your graphics card's processor to get its hands on the system memory more quickly - the GFX card basically does all the division work the processor's FPU hasn't.

and that's why AMD are cheap and have "fake" mhz speeds - they market them as though they're faster because of the processor speeds games require.

plus all you gamers are tightwads when it comes down to it :)

Read the name. Thats all I have to say.
Intel Rocks! There Faster
Athalon SUCKS! There Slower!

Intel comes with more options and different speeds so it can better fit your budget(if you have one!)

INTEL ROCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom