Recognition of Secondary Monitor: Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with SLI Technol

Status
Not open for further replies.

csusie

Beta member
I recently purchased a new computer that came with Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with SLI Technology. I have two displays: a DVI connected flat panel display and an InFocus Projector connected to the DVI by a DVI-VGA converter. On my old computer, which had the GeForce 6800, I was able to view the same display on the flat panel and projector simultaneously. Now, it appears that the computer will only recognize that one display (either one -- either works on its own) is hooked up at only one time i.e. desktop, properties, display doesn't recognize the secondary monitor. The real bugger is that when I boot up the computer, both displays show the litte windows XP thingy while windows is loading. It is only after the desktop view comes up that the computer ceases to recognize the presence of the secondary monitor. Note: I DO NOT want two desktops or to stretch one desktop between two monitors. I merely want to clone my monitor onto my projector.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom