SATA installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
im looking to get a SATA HDD, but i was wondering how hard and what i would need for the installation. Some one told me i would probably need a floppy drive to set it up which i wasnt planning on getting otherwise, so i was wondering if there is anythign else i would need. And can i really expect much performance difference from ide 100 to SATA 150?

and another seperate question could someone just tell me if there is any performance benefits from going nforce 4 ultra or nforce 3 ultra?

For the sata, the installation only requires a floppy if you are using it as ur sole drive, and want to install windows on it from DOS.

Everything else is pretty easy, but ur motherboard manufacturer provided the disk for the SATA. If you have misplaced it already, they have it on their site with instructions.

There is a minor speed increase, and since SATA is barely more expensive than IDE, I would do it.

nF3/ nF4 - They are both good, nF4 is for SLI boards I'm pretty sure, so if you're looking into it, you're looking at a PCI-E graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom