Gaming processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebith75

Solid State Member
Hey, I know this question has probably been posted before but I did some searches and cannot find a direct answer, all I do is play games on my computer and im getting a 939 system and stuck on what processor to buy. I have a x8800gto2 (OC to x850xtpe) vid card. Wondering if there is a real difference in gaming between say 3000venice and 3500 when playing the newest games. Or is money better spent on say 2 gigs instead of 1. thanks

aperently cpu doenst help gaming much. I oced my 3000 venice to 3500 and saw nothing css was still doing 90-93 fps.

games with heavy physics and ragdoll effects are very cpu dependant. take hl2, ut2004 as examples.

I would get at least a 3200+ thats just me. It seems to run newer games fine, depending on other componenst such as RAM, Video card, mobo and power supply.

have a 3000 runs bf2 awesome, overclocked to 3500 speed and noticed barely any improvement if any, just worry about a good video card, 7800gt or gtx

get the GT buddy. Those things unlock and you can save big bucks. Unlock the pipes on your own! You don't need to pay Nvidia 100 bucks for that.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom