Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermath534

Beta member
This may, or may not be the forums at which to post this, but here I go!

For the last month I have unvieled what I think was a problem I had before hand. I got into playing WoW, which is when it started. My computer crashes when playing WoW, and only then, but isnt the game thats doing it, its the only game I have that requires that much processing/graphics power. I can play HL2: DM nonstop!

It can take from 3 minutes to 30 minutes to crash after I start the game, and it will either, Lock Up, meaning power button cant even turn the pc off, I must switch the power off from the back, or Freeze (same as locing up but power button works, or just flat out restart! It never happens on the desktop, ever.

When I remove the graphics card it plays fine, but laggy and low FPS, but it isnt the graphics card, as I'v had it tested, placed another 9600 and have tried a GeForce 6200 in its place, and even reformated, twice! And it STILL does it!

I'v even run through all the troubleshooting that Blizzard had to offer!

I have updated every possible driver i can think of, including the AGP drivers for my Motherboard, I havnt updated my bios though, I'm afraid to do so.

I'v tried different Ram, a different Network card, removed the sound card, had the cpu tested, and even replaced my old 250w Power supply with a new Aspire 520w.

I'v tried messing with my bios, but as I'v said, I havnt updated it.

The stock system was an eMachines w1800. Has since been upgraded by me!

Does any body have any friggin clue as to whats going on

System Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
FIC AM37 MotherBoard
ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128DDR
512mb DDR 128Pin Ram 2700
50Gig Samsung HDD
Lite-On DVD/CD -/+R/RW/Dual
Samsung CDr/rw
Aspire 520w 12v Power Supply
Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Card
Windows XP Home

I used to have roughly the same system as you and WOW did fine for me. Have you installed the game properly?

By crashing, do you mean the game itself freezes or does it exit first?

Last thing is that you may want to update that bios just to eliminate a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom