Vista Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
same place in vista

GroupPolicy.jpg

Tyler1989 said:
Yeah this member was foolish enough to PM me asking for my MSDN credidentials so he can log in as me. Wow and you think people would know my stance on things by now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for everyone else here you seem to know alot about the pirated versions out there. How do you know they are buggy? All my version I got are very stable for what is considered a Beta build.

i am new here and i dont know u yet

EricB thanks for posting that and my hopes skyrocketed! But again I fear that feature will be removed in the final version of Vista.

They warning states that you may install the driver but in the final version of Vista the driver "must" be digitally signed by Microsoft.

That leaves me to think they will remove that trick you posted but I hope not. But I will try to find wherever that is I can't seem to find it on Vista but it's there I'm sure.

Tyler1989 said:
EricB thanks for posting that and my hopes skyrocketed! But again I fear that feature will be removed in the final version of Vista.

They warning states that you may install the driver but in the final version of Vista the driver "must" be digitally signed by Microsoft.

That leaves me to think they will remove that trick you posted but I hope not. But I will try to find wherever that is I can't seem to find it on Vista but it's there I'm sure.
Dont forget this is the same company that said WinFS. Indigio, and Avalon would all be ready for Vista. So far WinFS is buggy at best (Beta Testing it on XP), Indigio and Avalon have both undergone some massive changes that who knows if its for the better or worse. I mean with the hardware requirements that they are talking just so Indigio and Avalon will work is insane. Who NEEDS a 256MB Video card for surfing the Web and checking email. Come on just to get a little transparency. Its over kill. there is no way that M$ would be able to get away with EVERYTHING having to de digitally signed by them. There would be no support for newly released hardware or hardware like a TVR card. It just isnt possible that M$ would be able to stop all those users from having thier products. It would be a court case faster than Vista would be released.

What about the P2P built into vista wouldnt that promote more Piraters to join the action? The more pirates the better I suppose.

Win2kpatcher said:
What about the P2P built into vista wouldnt that promote more Piraters to join the action? The more pirates the better I suppose.

Well this discussion has taken many turns when i have had it with other people. My main thought is so M$ can monitor what is being sent over the P2P network and even stop some of the sharing of M$ products, MP3's, and bootlegged movies. But thats just my thoughts on this. No offical word from M$ what the P2P will actually be and do yet.

Makaveli213 said:
Well this discussion has taken many turns when i have had it with other people. My main thought is so M$ can monitor what is being sent over the P2P network and even stop some of the sharing of M$ products, MP3's, and bootlegged movies. But thats just my thoughts on this. No offical word from M$ what the P2P will actually be and do yet.

you know that is exactly why they are doing it. you won't be able to download any copies of vista or xp either

EricB said:
you know that is exactly why they are doing it. you won't be able to download any copies of vista or xp either
Let alone any other thing M$ related. Not to say they wont stop the MP3 and movie transfers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom